Virtual Image Careers
Front-end Web Designer & Developer - Virtual Image
Who we are
Located in Hamilton, Ontario, minutes from the highway, Virtual Image is a full-service web marketing and digital agency firm specializing in web design and development, search engine marketing (SEM), and search engine optimization (SEO). Throughout our 20 years of service, we have had the pleasure of working with hundreds of companies throughout Hamilton, the GTA and across North America.
Our tight-knit team is comprised of passionate and highly creative individuals. We pride ourselves on producing custom, high quality, results orientated solutions for businesses of all types and sizes. Our open concept office located on King Street West in Hamilton, minutes to downtown and the 403, provides an atmosphere that encourages collaboration and creativity throughout the stages of a project, and we ensure that every employee feels comfortable sharing his or her opinions, ideas, and stories.
The front-end web designer and developer is responsible for the design, development, and management of various web projects in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment. The front-end designer must be comfortable working on various creative projects, with a specific focus on web design and front-end development.
Type of Employment: Full-time
- Design attractive and functional websites, with a specific focus on user experience
- Develop and build out websites according to modern design trends and UX standards
- Optimize websites for tablet and mobile browsing
- Define and improve a client's online presence and corporate image
- Create unique, keyword loaded content to enhance a website's search engine optimization (SEO)
- Work closely with project managers and senior developers
- Successfully follow project guidelines, meet deadlines, and exceed client expectations
- Enjoy a wide variety of projects and thrive on challenges
- Communicate directly with the client
- Dynamic and multi-talented
- Strong eye for beautiful and functional design
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Exceptional creative vision and project strategy abilities
- Ability to meet and work with clients to accomplish project goals
- Highly passionate about design and front-end development
- Thorough understanding of design principles and modern web practices
- Thorough understanding of responsive design and mobile optimization
- Experienced in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
- Able to accomplish project goals and meet deadlines
- Back-end development and PHP experience considered an asset
- Branding and logo design experience considered an asset
- Copywriting and copy editing abilities an asset
- Strong writing and communication skills
Please drop us an email with resume and samples of your work!